Axos Clearing is a leading, full-service correspondent clearing firm for more than 60 independent broker-dealers and 90,000 customers, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska.
Axos Clearing, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Axos Financial, Inc. (NYSE: AX), will be rebranded Axos Clearing.
Our team members are innovative, technologically sophisticated, and motivated to achieve.
Director, Project Management
PMO Evangelist with exceptional leadership in the Project Management Office to deliver a disciplined project portfolio, framework, best-practice processes, requirements management, tools, and communication needed.
- Supporting executive managers and functional heads across the organization to ensure project delivery is supported and delivered in a predictable and consistent manner across all projects and roadmaps
- Hands-on management and delivery of the firm’s aggressive project portfolio pipeline
- Responsible for delivering PMO services in a fast-paced, high profile, dynamic environment
- Lead growing team of PM’s and BA’s working on business critical projects
- Design and lead PMO function, working closely with functional heads to allocate resources, finances, etc.
- Head Portfolio Management and planning, finances, and reporting
- Identify, monitor and manage risks, issues, resourcing, costs and dependencies at the overall program level
- Escalate issues and risks to IT management or Executive Sponsors as appropriate
- Support knowledge sharing and best practices among the PMO
- Provide coaching and identify training programs for the PMO
- Review and incorporate lessons learned at the project and roadmap level into PMO best practices
- Lead PMO meetings
- Project staff development and assessments / performance appraisals
Key Skill Sets and Knowledge Requirements:
- Build and nurture relationships in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Lead and contribute to software development
- Excellent communications skills with ability to express ideas at all levels of the organization
- Dedicated, conscientious, team player
- Produce results in complex environments
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, TFS, Visio, and SharePoint
Required Career Experience & Education Requirements:
- 7+ years of hands-on PMO leadership experience
- Establish and maintain methods, tools, and techniques for the PMO to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Delivery of complex IT projects and programs
- Determine PM processes for IT project delivery in collaboration with the IT leadership team
- Enforce PM processes and documentation standards are applied consistently and effectively across all projects and all roadmaps
- Define PM reporting at the project, roadmap and overall program level
- Experience with execution and delivery of BAU and change-related projects
- PRINCE II, PMP, and Agile qualified to practitioner level
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or information systems
- Banking/financial services experience
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), or equivalent
- Lean / Six Sigma certification, or equivalent
- Track record of career progression
- Project management focus
Apply directly for consideration as we are not using any outside agencies for any of our openings
Job Functions & Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating standard office equipment such as computer keyboard and mouse, calculator, telephone, copiers, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Axos Clearing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.